Wednesday, March 08, 2017

MAXIMA CULPA

Sometimes there's a good reason to hate yourself. Missed an important medical appointment this morning because I overslept because I didn't get to bed until 4am because I was looking at something on the internet, can't even remember what, and I did set the alarm clock and it did go off at the proper time but I turned it off to just lie there and think for a minute and then when I woke up again it was an hour past my appointment and when I phoned to explain why I missed it they kept me waiting on the phone and then I was told I couldn't have another appointment until the end of April and I said no no no my GP said I need to have the echocardiogram and I know it's my fault but can I come later today and they said no you cannot so I had to accept the new appointment and I can't blame the NHS because it's all my fault mea culpa mea maxima maximosa culpa and I hate myself, yes.

2 comments:

Catalyst said...

And you can't even remember what you were looking at on the Internet until 4 a.m.???

Natalie d'Arbeloff said...

Bruce, no, I honestly can't! That's how irrelevant, idiotic and irresponsible the whole incident was. But there's a happy ending, which I'm just about to post right now.